REV UP Voting Campaign
The REV UP Voting Campaign is a nonpartisan national voting initiative focused on advancing the power of the disability vote. Our mission is to foster civic engagement and protect the voting rights of Americans with disabilities.
REV UP’s Mission and Background
REV UP stands for “Register! Educate! Vote! Use your Power!” The REV UP Voting Campaign’s mission is to foster civic engagement and protect the voting rights of Americans with disabilities. REV UP focuses on building the power of the disability vote across the country.
The REV UP network is made of both grassroots and national organizers that work to advance the Disability Vote. REV UP is a nonpartisan campaign, meaning that we do not support specific candidates or political parties.
The REV UP Voting Campaign started in 2016 as an initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), a cross-disability civil rights organization building the political and economic power of people with disabilities across the country.
REV UP’s Goals
- Increase civic engagement in the disability community.
- Make sure disabled voters are registered and ready to vote.
- Fight against voter suppression and inaccessibility, both at the polls
and through remote voting systems.
- Build a national network of grassroots disability vote coalitions that
advocate for disability rights through a framework of intersectionality.
- Center people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ folks, and other
multiply-marginalized people with disabilities in voting initiatives.
- Build intentional partnerships with the broader civil rights community
around voting initiatives and policies.
- Build strategic partnerships with the local Board of Elections, County
Clerks, and Secretaries of State.
Register to get involved!
Send us a message, and we will get in touch with the next steps…